DRUM POINT LIGHTHOUSE
Originally located at the northern mouth of the Patuxent River, in 1973 it was moved to the Calvert Marine Museum, in Solomons, MD. The 1-1/2 story hexagonal screw-pile cottage was commissioned in 1883. Its height was 46 feet, and had a 12 mile range.
The light was electrified in 1944; automated in 1960, and discontinued in 1962.
In 1974, the Calvert Historical Society was given the light, but not the land on which it stood. The following year it was moved to the Calvert Marine Museum in Solomons, MD. It has been completely restored and is open to the public.
Close Up of Fourth Order